Small Business Resources« Back to Search Results
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING FY 2022-2023 APPLICATIONS IS 5:00PM, THURSDAY, JANUARY 20, 2022.
New application procedures require all applicants to complete and submit applications online through the City’s new eCivis Grant Management Program. Please use the link below to access the eCivis Grant Portal. A link to download the application is also provided below, but should not be used to submit your application. Only applications submitted through the eCivis Grant Managment Portal will be considered for funding.
Watch the FY 2021-2022 CDBG/HOME Program Pre-Application Informational Meeting
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) are Federal grant programs funded through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The City of Tracy is a sub-recipient pass-through funding partner of San Joaquin County, which serves as the HUD entitlement agency.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
CDBG funds can be used for a wide variety of community development activities that benefit low-income Tracy residents. To be considered for CDBG funding, proposed activities must be first be eligible, and must meet one of HUD’s stated national objectives. Additional information about the Federal CDBG Program requirements can be found on HUD's website.
Types of eligible activities can include:
- Acquisition of Real Property Public Facilities and Improvements
- Special Economic Development • Public Services (15% cap)
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Commercial and Residential Property Rehabilitation
- Code Enforcement
- Historic Preservation
- Planning Activities
- Program Administration
- Public Facilities and Improvements
The three (3) HUD National Objectives are:
- Address the needs of low- and moderate-income persons
- Eliminate a slum or blighted condition
- Resolve an urgent need
The City of Tracy’s local priorities for the 2022-2023 Program Year, as adopted by the Tracy City Council include:
- CDBG Public Service Category:
- Food Distribution
- Homelessness Prevention, Intervention, and Transitional Housing Services
- Senior and Special Needs Services
- Domestic Violence Services
- Youth Education and Enrichment Services
- CDBG Public Facilities/Improvements Category:
- Public Parks and Facilities
- Removal of Architectural Barriers (ADA)
Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
The City of Tracy's local priorities for the 2022-2023 HOME Program Year, as adopted by the Tracy City Council include:
- Address issues of public safety, health, and welfare
- Rehabilitate residential properties occupied by low-income persons
- Partner to construct income restricted family and senior housing facilities
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding this program or eligible activities, please contact the Economic Development Division at (209) 831-6400.