Category: State Incentives
The California Energy Commission provides $100 million annually in grants and loans for alternative and renewable fuels and advanced transportation technologies to help attain the state's climate change policies including:
- Develop and improve alternative/renewable low-carbon fuels.
- Optimize alternative/renewable fuels for exisiting/developing engine technologies.
- Produce alternative/renewable low-carbon fuels.
- Decrease the overall impact and carbon footprint of alternative/renewable fuels.
- Expand fuel infrastructure, fueling stations, and equipment.
- Improve light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicle technologies.
- Retrofit medium and heavy-duty vehicle technologies.
- Expand infrastructure for existing fleets, public transit, and transportation corridors.
- Create workforce training programs, technology centers and public outreach.