Category: Local Incentives
Tracy is committed to a strong, growing business climate. Businesses locating in Tracy will enjoy working in an economic environment with knowledgeable professionals readily available to make the development and permitting processes seamless. A wide range of business-friendly services and financial incentives are available to companies choosing to locate here.
Sales Tax and Building & Plan Fee rebate incentives used to attract “unique business” to Tracy. Qualified businesses must:
- Engage in “retail sales” within the City limits of Tracy
- Classify as a “unique business”
- Provide 5 years of actual annual sales for its 2 closest locations
- Identify the City of Tracy as the point of sale
- Must not currently be located within the primary trade area
- A minimum of $10 million in annual sales qualifies for a 20% rebate of the portion of tax collected by the City, growing to a sales tax rebate of 50% for businesses generating $30 million or more in annual sales.
- Building & Planning Rebates, 75% up to $20,000; Planning Division permits maximum rebate $10,000
Small businesses (5-25 employees):
- Building & Planning Rebates, 75% up to $5,000; Planning Division permits maximum rebate $2,500
The small business portion of the building and planning fee rebate program are limited, and will be available on a firstcome, first-served basis until designated funds have been exhausted.
Disclamier: All financial incentive agreements and performance contracts must be approved by the Tracy City Council and are available on a first-come, first-served basis until all designated funds have been exhausted.