Category: Local Incentives
Tracy is committed to a strong, growing business climate. Businesses locating in Tracy will enjoy working in an economic environment with knowledgeable professionals readily available to make the development and permitting processes seamless. A wide range of business-friendly services and financial incentives are available to companies choosing to locate here.
The Hospitality, Entertainment & Recreation (HER) incentive offers a sales tax rebate or direct financial assistance, building and planning fee rebates, and/or transient occupancy tax rebates and is available to unique retailer(s) who offer a full-service establishment with hospitality, recreation, and entertainment venues. To qualify, a business must:
- Be engaged in “retail sales” and “Transient Occupancy Tax” within the City of Tracy
- List the City of Tracy as its point of sale
- Be located within the City limits
- Not be located within the primary trade area
- Be a unique business “as defined”
- Provide 5 years worth of actual annual sales for its two closest locations
- Generate a minimum of $10 million in sales tax generating annual sales
- Operate a minimum of 250 overnight rooms at one location
Disclamier: All financial incentive agreements and performance contracts must be approved by the Tracy City Council and are available on a first-come, first-served basis until all designated funds have been exhausted.